Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Pop Up Demo Miniature Scenery



Back in November of 2009 I wrote a piece about my experiences designing a set for the 1987 Canadian horror film Graveyard Shift. I mentioned building a 'table top' miniature on spec to show the film's producers that I could design and construct one in just a few hours, and, just as importantly, for next to no money. (In the first, and later abandoned, production there was a need for scenery in miniature form.) The above diorama took four to five hours to design and construct. Afterward I took a series of snaps, which I presented to Graveyard Shift's production manager and producer.

The punchline is I got the job. I like to think that my model job helped me secure the gig.

2 comments:

Jon said...

There's nothing like tangible proof that one can do the job needed!

Simon St. Laurent said...

It's amazing how much of the bar graph is "Speed"; especially on television series'.