Saturday, March 25, 2017

Great Stanley Kubrick Quotes

As I wrote on this blog a few weeks ago, I read the book The Making of Kubrick's 2001 when I was in elementary school. In that book was a quote from the great filmmaker that I 'got' even as a kid:

"Perhaps it sounds ridiculous, but the best thing that young filmmakers should do is to get hold of a camera and some film and make a movie of any kind at all."


If memory serves, the following quote too was in that book and it resonated for a kid who felt that....just read the quote:

"I think the big mistake in schools is trying to teach children anything, and by using fear as the basic motivation. Fear of getting failing grades, fear of not staying with your class, etc. Interest can produce learning on a scale compared to fear as a nuclear explosion to a firecracker."

It's amazing to me that educators do not "get it".


No comments: