Saturday, November 12, 2016

Shoot the . . . Puck!

My late RCAF father had a way with words, especially when it came to his favourite sport. Watching the third period of tonight's NHL matchup between the Pittsburgh Penguins and the Toronto Maple Leafs reminded me of his choice of words and their unique phrasing.

(Profanity Alert.)

Even though the Pens nullified the Leafs, there was a moment when they not only controlled the play, they over-controlled the puck:

"Shoot the puck! Shoot the god damn puck! Jesus Christ, man."


2 comments:

Tibor said...

Following hockey these days would be just what the doctor ordered. Thanks for sharing the memory...

Simon St. Laurent said...

You are welcome.

Now that I am older, I think of my dad as some sort of Hockey Philosopher. He had much wisdom. By the way, he coached. And my brothers have funny stories regarding that subject.